Curriculum Based Educational Incursions
We provide curriculum based Educational Incursions to suit all levels from child care and kindergarten through to secondary school students in the classroom.
The students get the opportunity to learn about and to interact with some of Australia’s wonderful and unique animals without the extra costs of school buses and other complications which may occur with excursions.
We have a wide range of Australian Wildlife including:
All our animals are comfortable with being handled and around people, which will allow the students to have an interactive and hands on experience.
We have also introduced our new “Bugs Gone Wild” shows.
During these shows, we will introduce the students to some of our interesting and strange invertebrates we have living here in Australia.
As part of the students “Minibeast Module” they will learn:
- What type of habitat each animal would live in
- Animal Groups
- What foods they would eat
- How some of them can change
- How they defend themselves
- How we can attract them to our gardens
- Why they play an important role in our ecosystem.
The invertebrates that may visit include:
- Stick insects
- Giant Burrowing Cockroach (Litter Bug)
- Snail and Slug
- And a special guest….(who may like to eat bugs!)
We encourage the students to get outside and explore their environment and the beautiful creatures that call it home.
Areas we cover include:
– Gold Coast;
– Brisbane areas;
– Northern NSW (including Tweed Coast, Byron Bay, Murwillumbah, Ballina, Lismore and surrounding areas.)
Topics we cover include:
- Australian Animals
- Endangered Species
- Living Things
- Habitats and Adaptations
- Animal Groups and Life Cycles
- Or we can create programs specifically tailored to your needs.
All our programs coincide with several of the National Australian Curriculums
- Helping children become confident and involved learners
- Building their awareness and respect of the natural world
Who knows, the teachers may even learn something new as well.
We are also available to visit any Vacation Care venue to help you keep the kids entertained.